Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Shanghai World Financial Building















This enormous glass building with the square in the top is the Shanghai World Financial Building. I took pictures of it at varying degrees of scariness (different heights, in other words). So the first one is me, outside of Neil's office, with the Shanghai financial district behind me. The next one is from the base of the Oriental Pearl TV tower. Then from the middle tier of the tower, then from the top tier of the tower (350 meters, may I remind you). Look closely at that last picture. See those little white dots on the tower? Yeah, those are window washers. Yes....Real, Live Humans. Level with me, only on the outside of the building. And it was windy! Part of China's population control plan, I suppose.

























1 comment:

  1. Normally heights don't bother me... but those window washers? (shiver...) I'm glad you guys survived the scooter ride, too. That was pretty funny. :)

    ReplyDelete